This week, VAI NI welcomed six curators from Paris to visit Northern Ireland to meet artists, studios and galleries in Belfast and Derry.
Their packed schedule involved a series of public engagement events, Show & Tells and individual studio visits based on each curator’s personal interests.
- Raphael Brunel (Independent curator and writer and member of collective WYSIWYH)
- Pascale Cassagnau (CNAP Centre National d’Arts Plastiques)
- Mathilde Villeneuve (Les Laboratoires d’Aubervilliers)
- Marta Ponsa (Jeu de Paume)
- Mélanie Bouteloup (Bétonsalon)
- Barbara Sirieix (Independent curator)
Flax Art Studios / Orchid Studios, Belfast Exposed, Paragon Studios, Platform Arts Studios, Array Studios, QSS Bedford Street Studios, Catalyst Arts, CCA Derry~Londonderry, Pump Street/ Bishop Street Studios, Void, Golden Thread Gallery and others, which were selected according to each curator’s individual interests.
I was delighted to be involved in the process of bringing the curators here. It’s also my first successful AIDF (British Council and ACNI), so good to know that it is achievable for the right project.
We hope to be able to build upon the relationships that we’ve made around future collaborations. More news on this as it develops.
Image: Void Acting Director Sally Murphy leads a delegation of artists and international curators around the exhibition Nothing But Longing.